Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Some Quick Updates

Well, I'm kind of out of the loop right now as I am finishing up my fall semester courses.  Things seem calm in Barnard for now.  Just a few things to mention...

Mrs. Murray had some difficulty a while back but seems to be doing well. 

Nick Wallace replaced the garage door that his step-daughter Carly drove the van into.  Frankly, I told her that if she were my daughter and she had to ask whether or not she had to stop, she wouldn't have driven until she was 18 and moved out of my house.

The city bought some gravel and filled in some of the holes in the streets.  Hopefully, they will be able to find a more long-term solution that the city can afford.

There has been some progress in regards to saving the water tower.

There will be an article/photo spread about Nancy's and Doug's haunted house soon.  They did a great job and went all out.  Another interesting thing about it is that it was all constructed using recycled/reclaimed/repurposed items.

Charlene Watson has a couple of things that I need to post as well...I enjoy her writings immensely, I hope you do too.

The hunters are definitely out and about.  Leon Hart's hunting lodges are seeing quite a few guests.  Just a note...please remember that the Griffeth properties east of town around Cramb's Corner are NO HUNTING areas.  Deer season starts on November 30th.  The game warden has been out in the area.

If you have any news you want to share, email it to me at tazirk@aol.com and put Barnard Banter in the subject line.  I also will post items, cars, and property for sale.  There is no charge for me to post it.  There is never a charge to read.

Happy Thanksgiving and Best Wishes to All.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment